Canas, Provincia De Guanacaste

We are selling our catamaran company on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. We understand that every Coldwell Banker office is independent but still.

With the name of the company comes a reputation. We are very disappointed with the service (the least we can say) from the office situated in Tamarindo. It is very unprofessional and disrespectful. Many people in the area told us that the service from the office in Tamarindo was poor.

And we are now able to say that it is true. We will never recommend that company to anyone. We have attached below the emails that were exchanged with one of your representatives.

We had had a meeting with a first representative a while back. She wanted us to fill a Coldwell Banker form describing what we were selling.

I appears to me that the office in Tamarindo expects the clients to do their job by filling out all the paperwork. In any case the person quit and the new representative was expecting us to redo the work. The way this situation has been handled is totally shameful. Hope something will be done to correct the situation.

Emails that were exchanged:

Christina Essabba

Lun 2019-07-08 12:41

Forgive me Valerie, but I had communicated with you immediately upon our introduction, even while I am on vacation then, and now.

Both Joe and I asked for just a little information/business description from you before we schedule a meeting. Which you did not send either of us. Asking for this information is standard so we that we know what we're working with - what we're going to discuss, so we can gather some comps prior to our meeting.

I am actually on vacation since June 25th. But I am still communicating with you while being with my family, aren't I?

All I've asked for is a description of your business. And I'm with my family celebrating a personal event here, at home and I am in communication with you. In addition, these last four days have been a holiday in the United States and so at this time I am checking emails, but without any information sent to me, from you there is not a lot to discuss at least at this time.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 12:32 PM Valerie et Benoit Houde wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for responding 8 days after our email.

It appears to me that you are not very interested in our business. One thing you need to understand is that you are not doing us a favor by selling our business but we are doing you the favor by approaching you.

It is obvious that you do not have confidence in your ability to sell the business.

There is clearly a lack of competence from your side.

It is a shame that a renown company such as Coldwell Bankers would hire someone who is not interested in a commission around $50000.

We clearly understand and it is our pleasure for us not to give you our business. You do not deserve our business. I strongly believe that you would not know what to do with it.

All the best selling houses.

Valerie and Benoit Houde

Envoyé : 8 juillet 2019 11:50

À : Valerie et Benoit Houde

Objet : Re: Your Boating Business for Sale

Hello Valerie,

I'm currently spending time in the states visiting family. We can meet when I return, of course.

but first I would ask you to send me a brief summary of what you are selling, and what you have though about on price to be sure that it will work in our inventory and if it is a business that we would like to learn more about. At this time we are not taking listings that are open, as it take a lot more work to sell a business then a home and requires a lot of effort. Without commitment on both end, it doesnt work.

Let me know what you are selling and something I can review for you~

Best

Christina

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 10:14 AM Valerie et Benoit Houde wrote:

Hi Christina,

Nice to meet you.

Just to clarify, we already gave all the details to Charlotte. Does that mean that we need to start all over again??

If it is the case, we would like to know if it is possible to meet you.

Please let us know your availability for this week.

Best regards

Envoyé : 1 juillet 2019 07:02

À : benvalley@hotmail.ca

Objet : Your Boating Business for Sale

Hello Valerie,

I am an agent at Coldwell Banker and I work with Charlotte and Joe, who you have been in touch with.

I sell residential and business.

Can you send me a summary of the your business for sale, details, asking price, what is included etc? Are you looking for exclusive representation with all the advantages in the sale of your business or no?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Christina

Skype Cessabba | Coldwellbankertamarindo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Coldwell Banker Realtor.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Coldwell Banker Cons: Unprofessional, Unknowledgeable agent, Disrespectful.

Comments